* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



The Summer in Perspective

Talking to my mom this morning, she kind of outlined our summer and the stress-load we're carrying. And, I realized that, when you really itemize everything, it's amazing we're not pushing up daisies!

So, in addition to "regular life", these are what we are dealing with:

1. One of us having a job that he doesn't love and which requires huge amounts of traveling which means that he's hardly ever home.

2. One of us designing and general contracting a home in addition to her regular "housewife" duties.

3. Selling our house.

4. Selling our vacation cabin (which has a huge emotional impact on Tom).

5. Scheduling - and dealing with - major surgery (my hysterectomy) in the midst of all the above.

6. Raising a puppy.

and, oh, yeah . . .

7. Building our dream home.

Did I forget anything?!

Maybe it's good that everything's happening at once - that way we simply can't focus on or stress out about any one thing! Oi vey.

(Oh, and my manicure is REALLY in need of help! I've broken 3 of my nails in the last week. What willlll I do?! Heavens to Betsy . . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!