* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Rain, Rain, Go Away

I'm in blue today in honor of the hideous, wet, cold weather we've had these past SEVERAL days! We went into this last batch of weather dangerously dry. Burning restrictions were on, and the ground crunched underfoot. Now, however, we've gotten more rain than we needed, thank you very much, and it can stop anytime! I don't think there's been a day in the past week or more that it hasn't rained. And, it's been cold. So cold that the rain we got down here by the lake last night was surely snow up over the hill. 1-3" were predicted. We had a balmy 35 degrees last night, and it's only 37 now near 9:00. The rain has helped tree buds pop and grass grow, though, and, if the sun ever comes out again, Mother Nature will surely erupt in a brilliant display of emerald green!
We, meanwhile, have been going full-bore and are exhausted. As a friend recently said to me, "That's why the candle has a wick at both ends, right?" Ah, the proverbial philosopher (usually my job, incidentally). We were scheduled to meet with our roofer last night out here in our pub, but the weather forced him and his crew back to the Cities early. The predicted snow "scared them", he joked. So, instead, Tom and I ate the pizza purchased for them and then collapsed. I think I was asleep on the couch by 7:30, and he was in bed by 8:00. Today, we hit it full blast! Although, Tom is a little slowed down by the fact that his back went out Wednesday night! We're hoping the chiropractor will return our call soon this morning.
Although I went to bed early last night, the high winds kept me up once I awoke from the couch and toddled into the bedroom. It was so windy that one of the front cedar gates broke open, and I was out in the wind and rain battling to temporarily secure that shut before I went back to bed. When Tom goes into town today for his chiropractic crunch, he'll check our little Hafweh Haus cabin to see if it sustained any damage from the wind (trees down). Cross your fingers for us: that's the last thing we need to deal with right now. And then, I think we'll take a drive up to the property tonight, chainsaw in hand, to check out the same. Unless anyone's already been through on the seldom-traveled roads, I KNOW we'll have some tree clearing to do!
That's the news for now. I'll let you know if we're snowed in by the end of the day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!