* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Brain Spasm

What was I thinking? Of course I have pictures (and therefore know what happened) from last Monday! It was a HUGE day: the 16-panel (2,640 watt)solar system went up AND the in-slab plumbing went in!

Tom was busy at his office here at home that morning, and so I gave our friend and electrician the little assistance he needed to install the remaining 8 panels. Then he set to work getting them all wired. Now the circuit box (if that's what it's called) is all wired and mounted, and all we're waiting for is the garage to go up so that we can build the battery room that will house the generator, inverter, and batteries for the system. Then, once that's all hooked up, we'll have power! It's my understanding that the 16 batteries - at 120 pounds a piece - are slowly entering the county by way of our electrician. And, Tom and I will be able to pick up three or so each time we head down to the big city, too. To top it off, our specially-ordered generator is in, and Tom will pick that up tomorrow! I just love looking at the solar panels, though - you can almost FEEL the energy! Too bad it's not going anywhere yet!

After many frantic calls to many different plumbers (up to 86 miles away) - and all with the same answer, we called a local plumber on the recommendation of a good friend. (Who, not incidentally, got his dozen eggs for the week free due to said recommendation which, THANKFULLY, panned out.) So, in the height of their busy season, this gentleman and his 15-year old daughter / right-hand-(wo)man came out to do the rough-in plumbing. I called on a Friday, and he came on Monday. I think I would have reduced myself to kissing his dusty boots, had that been warranted!

And, as usual, the hard-working cement guys were there bright and early working on prepping the house slab for the mud.

So, Monday night brought the completion of two more HUGE steps needed for us to move into our dream home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!