* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Two Beautiful Days in a Row!

Tom and I got the last of the clearing done for the solar panels yesterday afternoon after a full day of work here. It seems that there are two weather patterns this summer: soggy rain or hot and humid. Since there was no rain yesterday, it was the hot and humid option as we cut and raked and chopped and hauled in the late day sun.

After the work was done we took Maisy down to the river for a swim to cool off (her, not us - the water's still a bit chilly for that!). Right by the bridge we saw this female painted turtle laying her eggs. Before we left I'd debated whether or not to take my digital camera for the walk, and I'm glad I did!

So, now I've let our solar panel installer know that we're ready for his inspection and, following that approval, he can go ahead and start!

And, things are really finally rolling because our excavator / septic installer / pond digger just stopped by, and he's going to start today - in a matter of two hours. So, gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!