* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A More Beautiful Day There Never Was

Today was simply glorious weather (although, I have to admit that I'm glad we weren't out working in it as it would have been a tad too hot for that)! Before noon it was 78 degrees up at the property with a stiff, warm breeze blowing all but the most persistent bugs away. A person could go bare-chested without having to worry about getting carried away! Days like today are few and far between, let me tell you.

The spur driveway (Guinea Bend) and the trapper cabin site (Guinea Hill) look tremendous! The guy running the machinery did a stellar job - even cutting the trunks and tops off the best trees and piling them for Tom to buck into firewood. With that stack alone, we won't go cold for quite some time! We spent some time deciding on the actual placement of the trapper cabin in relation to the driveway and the rest of the stuff we'll have stored back there. We figure that it should be moved to its new home by Wednesday.

The pond is going well, too. The placement is a little more northerly than I would have chosen, but, when we expand it, we'll just head south, so it should be just fine when all's said and done. (And, that's what happens when you're not there to supervise, so my bad!) I'll be more excited about that once I see the finalized "hole".

This afternoon we ran into town to surprise a friend (our timberframe builder) with a birthday cake I'd baked this morning. We'd organized for some other friends to meet us there, too, and it was all a success. I think he was pleased - a little embarrassed, maybe, but secretly pleased. (I hope!)

Then it was on to Dairy Queen to get my dad his favorite splurge for Father's Day: a strawberry shake. We had a nice visit with my folks, then made a stop at the discount greenhouse on the way home. (No parsley, Mom.) Dinner and a Happy Father's Day call to Tom's dad followed, but my plans to get dishes and some ironing done were foiled when I fell asleep on the couch. Whoops. So, I'd better get to bed now so I can be productive in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!