* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A Love Note

I received an early love note from one of my most irreverent friends on Friday.  All it said was, "You SUCK at doing blog posts, FYI."  Followed by a big heart.  ;)  And, sigh, she's so right!  Maybe my doable (?) goal for 2016 should be 1 post (at least) a month.  If I do that, so far I'll be meeting that goal!

One of the big reasons I haven't posted lately is because things were truly horrible, horrible, horrible at work.  I don't think it's a secret to say that the daddy (husband to the amazing mama we lost in November) and I simply don't see eye-to-eye . . . especially since the buffer of his wife is gone.  I'd been watching the kids at his house, but that set-up just wasn't working for a variety of reasons.  Despite best efforts!  And that included a counseling session for both of us with a retired family therapist and a dear friend who "knows" the whole situation.

During that session, we came to only one mutually-agreed upon "way of interacting" - knowing there would need to be more meetings to work through everything.  But, the very next work day, that one promise was soundly broken . . . and I was so upset that I walked out.

It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life because I felt like I was walking out on the twins (Bundle of Joy was still in school) - leaving them with their father.  But, I knew I couldn't be around them when I was so upset - I didn't want to pass that extreme level of stress, anger, an unhappiness onto them.

Afterwards, I went to the same friend who accompanied us on the counseling session, and I know I haven't cried that hard since I learned that I would lose Swamp River Ridge.  It.  Was.  Awful.  My heart was broken.  I didn't know if/when I'd ever see the kids again.

BUT, fast-forward to the dad's sister (where the twins live) making a miracle happen (!!!), and, within a day, I was watching the twins back at her house.  I no longer have an upset tummy and heartburn every day!  I no longer feel anxious every morning when I drive to work!  And (perhaps not so oddly enough), the dad is so much happier now, too - now that the stress of two very different personalities (his and mine) trying to force themselves to work together for the sake of the kids (which wasn't workin'!) is removed.

My hours have been greatly reduced, but no longer working 11-hour days is A-OK!  I can actually get something done when I get home at night!  And, my other job - the rental cabin I caretake - has been requiring so many extra hours right now due to issues, issues, issues (!) that I'm doing ok, financially.  Not great, but OK.  ;)  Plus, I'm hoping to spend my extra hours (as soon as I can find them!) on getting my Chicken Mama (photographic notecards) business online.

In other news, neighbors thought they saw a cougar (also known as mountain lion, panther, puma, or catamount) earlier this week.  And, indeed, I came home to a small massacre in my chicken yard Thursday night!  (I heard him/her crashing out of the fencing and then through the woods as I walked up to my cabin.)  I'm not too broken-hearted as the birds I have left are very, very old and not producing (I have chicks arriving in the spring), but still . . . .  Anyway, the big cat was very inventive regarding getting in/out.  I found one space that night where the metal fencing is overlapping, and s/he'd pushed under the outer layer and then up and over the inside layer.  Then, in the daylight, I found a large hole chewed right through the chicken wire on the top of the yard (which I have covered in an effort to prevent exactly situations like this!).

Image swiped off Web.

We don't often see these critters up here.  When my family had first moved up here in the early 70s, there was a black panther that was seen on occasion.  Then, a couple of years ago, I saw a cougar crossing the highway.  That was the only one I've ever seen, though.  I've found it such an irony that I've had way more critter problems now that I live so much closer to civilization vs. when I lived out in the middle of nowhere out at Swamp River Ridge!  Who woulda thunk?

I thought this was a fun, recent picture from my trail camera:  a deer with all four legs off the ground!

No ideal pictures of this critter (this and below), but I think it's a fat fox vs. a brush wolf / coyote.  What do you think?



Friday was a Teacher Workshop Day (no school), so I got to have 13 hours with these two sillies (below).  The one on the right is one of "my littles" who I used to nanny when she was a baby, and the other is particularly dear, too (the granddaughter of one of my BFFs).  Now, they're both in 2nd grade and fast friends!


They had an organic lemon eating contest.


And then figured they'd up-the-ante by racing to down the rest of the lemon's juice . . . but blind-folded!  ;)  Goofballs.

The twins have knit mittens that Mama Pea made for them.  They fit their little hands perfectly - except that the bands are a little small for us ADULTS to shove their little hands into.  So, all it took was one (not so subtle?) comment from me re same, and she made two new pair.  Here is Baby Girl modeling hers.  AND she just happened to be wearing an original Mama Pea sweater while doing so!



The kids' cousins (who live at the house where I watch the twins) are tough insane!  Taking a break from homeschooling lessons - and it being very, very cold out - this 11-year old tore off her socks and dashed outside for a quick swim in the snow.  Yep:  cuckoo!!  ;)

They also have incredible imaginations, and this creature greeted me when I came out of the bathroom one day!

I'll leave you with this pic from the twins playing at Mama & Papa Pea's.  Who needs toys when there's a big box to play in?!


I hope you have a sweet, sweet Valentine's Day!

22 comments:

  1. Tough love, baby! We'll be thrilled with once a month! BTW, what kind of trail camera do you have? I'm thinking of putting one up. Those are mighty cute tots - I can't believe how they've grown. You know, I can still remember playing in a refrigerator box that one of the neighbors put out for that purpose. Gawd knows how long ago that was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing this blog! Glad the job situation got smoothed out. Holy cow! And the twins are adorable. Love the ponytail. The trail camera's mystery animal--it looks like a big house cat to me, but it can't be. The photo is black & white, and the "fox" looks white. Do they turn white in the winter? Mama Pea is an amazing knitter. Holy cow again--that sweater is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the "kid" thing. That's too bad.
    Can't see it well, but I was wondering about a gray fox. Need a better photo tho, can't see enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you found a way to work around the issues involving the father. Sounds like you love those kids like they were your own--what a shame if they would have lost you in the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a Bob Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My (http://work.My) GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com (mailto:Information...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com) Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967 (tel:+234%20814%20927%207967)

    ReplyDelete
  7. สล็อตเป็นเกมส์พนันอย่างหนึ่งที่มีความนิยมอย่างสูงในสถาน หากใครได้เคยไปเที่ยวพักผ่อนยังต่างประเทศและเคยแวะไปเที่ยวชมสถานในต่างประเทศมาแล้ว คงได้เห็นตู้สล็อตตั้งอยู่อย่างเรียงลายจำนวนมาก มีผู้คนจับจองเล่นพนันกับตู้สล็อตกันแทบจะไม่เหลือตู้ว่างให้คนอื่นได้เล่น เหตุที่พนันสล็อตเป็นที่นิยม เนื่องจากเป็นการเล่นพนันที่ใช้เงินลงทุนน้อย แต่มีโอกาสชนะเดิมพันที่มีทั้งรางวัลเล็กและรางวัลใหญ่ได้เงินเป็นจำนวนมาก ได้ลุ้นระทึก สร้างความเร้าใจตลอดช่วงเวลาที่วงล้อของสล็อตหมุนไป

    ปัจจุบันปัจจุบันเทคโนโลยีสื่อสารที่ทันสมัย ทำให้ เกมส์สล็อต ได้รับการพัฒนาและยกระดับ จากที่เคยเล่นกันแพร่หลายเฉพาะในสถาน ให้สามารถเล่นกันทางออนไลน์ได้แล้ว โดยการเล่นผ่านเว็บไซต์ผู้ให้บริการ ออนไลน์ หรือแอพริเคชั่นบนมือถือ ซึ่งการเล่น เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ได้รับความนิยมไม่ยิ่งหย่อนไปกว่าการเล่นสล็อตในสถาน หรืออาจจะได้ว่าได้รับความนิยมมากกว่าในสถานก็ว่าได้ เนื่องจากอำนวยสะดวกให้แก่ผู้ที่ชื่นชอบการเล่นสล็อตสามารถเล่นได้ทุกที่ ทุกเวลา ไม่พลาดโอกาสการทำกำไรได้ทั้งวันทั่งคืน ปัจจุบันสล็อตออนไลน์ เป็นหนึ่งในเกมส์พนันออนไลน์ที่ได้รับความนิยมสูงมาก ในหมู่ผู้ที่ชื่นชอบการเล่นพนันทางออนไลน์ SRB365 (Super Rich Bet 365) เราคือหนึ่งในผู้ให้บริการ เว็บพนันออนไลน์ เกมสล็อต ในรูปแบบสถาน ออนไลน์ เราเป็นหนึ่งในพันธมิตรของบริษัท Grand Andaman บริษัทผู้ให้บริการสถานโดยถูกต้องตามกฎหมาย ที่มีชื่อเสียงเป็นที่ยอมรับในระดับสากล เปิดให้บริการในประเทศพม่ามาแล้วมากว่า 10 ปี SRB365 เรายกสถานทั้งสถานมาไว้ตรงหน้าคุณให้คุณเลือกเล่นแบบออนไลน์ได้อย่างจุใจ มีทั้งถ่ายทอดสดออนไลน์ ทายผลกีฬาออนไลน์ เกมส์ยิ่งปลา แข่งสัตว์ โดยเฉพาะอย่างยิ่ง เกมส์พนันสล็อตออนไลน์ ที่มีให้เลือกเล่นมากมายหลายรูปแบบ สร้างความตื่นเต้นและเร้าใจกว่า มีลูกค้าถูกรางวัลในเกมส์สล็อตทั้งรางวัลเล็กรางวัลใหญ่หรือรางวัลแจ็คพอตกันอยู่ตลอดเวลา บริการของเรายึดมั่นในความซื่อสัตย์ต่อลูกค้า มีความเที่ยงตรง รับพนันอย่างตรงไปตรงมา ลูกค้าสามารถวางใจได้เมื่อใช้บริการออนไลน์กับเรา หากคุณเป็นคนหนึ่ง ที่อยากมีชีวิตที่อิสระ และควบคุมตนเองได้ เข้าใจในกฎกติกา เข้าใจในความเสี่ยง และรักการเสี่ยง

    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://www.knownhost.com/forums/members/manmaytinhcu.16881/#about

    https://id.arduino.cc/

    https://amara.org/vi/profiles/profile/e5zgw4CeGe7Oc9k4mqTK5hzE-y6hxNldft30VWo2kAU/

    https://ioby.org/users/dixienullify392308

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://www.gamespot.com/profile/maytinhcugiare/about-me/
    https://weheartit.com/maytinhcugiare
    https://www.gamespot.com/profile/about-me/
    https://www.colourlovers.com/lover/maytinhcugiare

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cpu máy tính là một trong những thiết bị không thể thiếu của một máy tính để bàn trọn bộ. Việc cpu bị tăng nhiệt trong quá trình sử dụng không phải là chuyện hiếm gặp. Tuy nhiên, làm thế nào để giảm nhiệt cho cpu của máy tính thì không phải ai cũng có kinh nghiệm. Nếu bạn cũng đang sử dụng máy tính và chưa tìm ra cho mình giải pháp để giảm nhiệt cho cpu của máy tính trong quá trình sử dụng thì hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé.

    Cách làm giảm nhiệt cho cpu máy tính ngày nắng nóng

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://forum.rigsofrods.org/members/cardmanhinhcuhanoi.13852/#about
    https://www.behance.net/cardmanngoctuy
    https://www.dohtheme.com/community/members/cardmanhinhcuhanoi.18433/
    https://foursquare.com/user/585333088
    https://www.indiegogo.com/individuals/24013628

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://www.ohay.tv/view/meo-nho-de-cai-dat-windows-xp-cho-may-tinh-de-ban-chi-trong-15-20-phut/SsgmWfKeUJ
    https://maytinhdeban.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/08/14/163722?_ga=2.150802736.761179905.1597390645-378370192.1597390645
    https://maytinhdeban.livejournal.com/4594.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cửa lưới chống muỗi là một thiết bị có chống muỗi được khá nhiều người lựa chọn hiện nay trong việc chống muỗi. Vậy thiết bị này có những ưu điểm nổi bật gì. Chúng ta cùng khám phá những ưu điểm này qua thông tin bài viết dưới đây nhé
    Ưu điểm nổi bật của cửa lưới chống muỗi là gì

    ReplyDelete
  14. https://diigo.com/0j73wn
    https://diigo.com/0j3e3q
    https://diigo.com/0j42lj
    https://diigo.com/0j98ru

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello everyone, We are Children's Furniture – Bao An Kids. Surely when you come to this page, you are looking for a professional children's interior design and construction unit to help you advise and choose for your family and baby to have a perfect and comfortable living space. the safest. Thank you very much for trusting and wanting to accompany Bao An Kids. Phòng ngủ trẻ em

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to find this information. Great post! We respect this blog. Thanks for sharing. I also discovered and read creative topics at the time. I recently found an interesting topic, read this topic on ufa88cambodia and get good knowledge there.
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    SA GAMING


    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure
    hpv
    Hiv/Aids
    epilepsy
    sickle cell anaemia
    diabetes
    copd
    barrenness
    cancer
    wart
    psoriasis
    pityriasis rosea etc.
    email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!