* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Last 24 Hours Plus

It's kinda hard to see here, but I woke to the first "real" dusting of snow at Swamp River Ridge yesterday morning.  Although, I'll admit that here, it just kinda looks like a hard frost!  ;)

Had the fire in the stove gone out overnight?  Had I not yet gotten the propane wall furnace started when I woke up this morning in the little cabin?  Why . . . why do you ask?  (I'm "home" at Swamp River Ridge now, and it feels about that cold as I write.  Let me go check - Ha!  Not too far off:  it's 49 in here!  No wonder!)

And, sorry, but that's it for tonight.  Already up 45 minutes past my bedtime.


4 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you. Looks like winter is upon you. Glad to see you are posting! Ha, more than I can say for myself lately. Ah, well, like you say at the top of your blog, that which does not kill me will make me stronger. And, like you, it is past my bedtime. I'm sort of hoping tho if I don't turn off the lights until late, maybe tonight I will sleep past 2:30.
    ~~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm......I think I got a chill just looking at that! Get those blankets and slippers out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey when you find a little cabin,look for one for me too.next year at this time I should be tucked into my own bed,somewhere else,don't know where,don't know who with......

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!