* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Wish It Were A Day Off

I spent my day off yesterday sick.  It had been coming on as the week progressed, but it really hit me on Wednesday afternoon.  Just the flu/cold bug that's working its way around.  It settled itself into my susceptible sinuses Wednesday night, and I couldn't sleep for love nor money with the killer headache.  Of course, after propping myself up on pillows and slathering my nose with Vick's last night, I slept like a log once I finally fell asleep.  Hence the title of this post:  I wish it were TODAY that was my day off so I could have slept in and taken advantage of the solid zzzzzs!  But, ain't that just life?!

I'm selling the cellphone system that was out in the garage, and so I had to roust myself and change out of my housecoat late yesterday afternoon to go tackle that.  I pulled all the hardware holding the expensive, special co-ax cable off the outside of the garage, first.  Then I had to tackle the hole in the wall where it had been run through.  You wouldn't think this would be a big deal except for the caulk that it had been filled with . . . 'cause, ya know, we were going to be here until we died, and we needed to prevent heat loss through that hole.  So, that was a bit of a challenge.  And, of course, the power cord is missing from the booster (dunno WHERE?!) . . . but the new owners will have to get a 12 volt power adapter for it, anyway, as they don't yet have an electrical system set up on their acreage and are running anything electrical through the 12 volt system that vehicles run on (i.e. through the once lighter / now cellphone plug in the dash).  So, I'll bring that into town today for the wife to pick up on her twice weekly trip to town.  As the sun set, I took the Yagi antenna down for them a week or so ago:

Now you see it . . .
Now you don't!



This is what the booster, with its special connection to the Yagi via the co-ax, looks like.  I have this same set-up in the house for cell service.

And, with that rather disjointed post, I'm off.  Another day, another dollar.  And all that rot.  ;)
 

3 comments:

  1. Dumb Dumb question--(why do they always come from ME?)--is that for getting cell reception in a far off place? I ask because our cell phone doesn't work here-we're in a valley and I'd LOVE to get something that would boost (?) our reception, if there is such a thing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all in the timing, isn't it? You can't get sick on a work day - it's on your puny day/s off! Hope you're feeling better - I bet all the stress isn't helping your immune system - Emergen-C (I swear by it...)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck ,I live near the city and can't get good reception on a land line and to beat that I have trouble shoot with Jindra in India.He probably gets better service than me.

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!