* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A Nice Day Off

I started writing this yesterday morning . . . and then started uploading the pictures . . . and then . . . well, you know.  The day was gone!  :)

Good morning - I know it's been a while!

Last Thursday, I drove to the big city 3 hours south of Swamp River Ridge for my annual physical with a brand new doctor.  My WONDERFUL doctor took an early (super early as he's about my age if not a little younger) retirement to follow his wife (physically) for her job . . . after she'd spent all the years up until now following him.  Damn him!  (And we can't even talk smack about 'im since he left for such a noble reason!)  I never ran into a single soul who thought Dr. Bob wasn't entirely amazing.

So, I started with a new doctor from the same group . . . and I love her!!!!  (I've got to say, beginning with all the infertility problems, I've always had terrific luck with finding incredible doctors (knock on wood), even if it took a couple of tries to find the right one.)  I am tickled pink with New Doctor and very impressed with the state Dr. Bob left my file in . . . and that New Doctor had taken the time to review it before meeting me for the first time.  As I updated her on my "personal woes", the persona of doctor seemed to melt away from her, and she sat listening with rapt attention.  When I was finished, she kind of shook herself and said something to the effect of, "I think it was kismet that we met!  You have NO idea how I can relate to every single thing you're going through."  So, I am so, so happy with the new medical resource / consultant that I've found in her.

And, I seem to be in good shape, physically (and mentally - insert hysterical laughter!).  So, I'm ready to go another year.  :)  Kind of like the annual tune-up for a car, eh?

On Sunday, I had every intention of blogging, but I started in on the day's stuff . . . and ZOOM! went the rest of it!  

I did get the front walks (but not much more) mowed before a big, late afternoon storm rolled in.


Bonzi helped.


Cool thunderclouds, eh?

Dirty feet, as the rain starts to splatter the deck, are a sign of work well done.  :)

And, it's a cat's life (this is Dosie, the Dead Cat):  snuggled up on the couch in the sunroom when the rain starts to fall.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found a great new doctor, they are hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonzi has the coloring of a fox! Wow. And love the thunderclouds--miss those here in Southern California. Why is Dosie, the Dead Cat? Sleep a lot? Read your blog after this one. Keep hanging in there, Chicken Mama! Wanted to share this saying I read on FB today:
    Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers,
    the believers and the thinkers, but most of all, surround
    yourself with those who see the greatness within you,
    even when you don’t see it yourself. – Edmund Lee.

    Good night. Hope you are having sweet dreams,

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!