* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Thankful (yes, that's what I said) Thursday

Written Thursday PM . . . 
 
Believe it or not, I can still find room to be thankful.  And if I didn't focus on those little (or big) things . . . I'd be lost without hope.  And what does THAT do anyone?  So, without further ado, I am thankful for:
  • Friends and family, near and far.  This includes you.
  • The dogs, cats, and poultry.
  • The fact that, after bad-mouthing them to my folks last night, the chickens presented me with two eggs today after days and days of zero production.
  • The fresh snow that again covers the ground . . . without dumping enough to be even the slightest bother.
  • A chainsaw chain sharpened as well as it's ever been since the chain was brand new.  THANK YOU, Daddy!
  • The satisfaction that I'm a 1/3 of the way through the HUGE maple logs I had delivered two years ago . . . and that I've made every single cut myself.
  • The fact that I will be here, at Swamp River Ridge, tonight, tomorrow, and next week. 
  • The fact that, thanks to friends and family, I will NEVER be without a private, to-myself roof over my head.  No matter what happens here at SRR.
  • Blueberry-Raspberry jam syrup bubbling away on the cookstove (because, in cleaning out the large freezer, I found lots of old-ish frozen berries).
  • Wine.  It may be cheap, but it's good!
  • Scented candles gifted to me by a dear friend who couldn't tolerate the smell.
  • A wood fire in the cookstove, all the wood cut and split myself.
  • Audio books.  (Oh, I've mentioned that once or twice before, you say?!)
  • Robert Rodriguez movies.  I treated myself to one last night when I got home (Machete) . . . knowing I didn't have to get up early this morning AND because I had to run the generator, anyway.  I don't know WHAT it is about his violent movies that is a release for me, but they are . . . and I LOVE his irreverent humor.
  • My built-in chainsaw sharpener (Papa Pea).
 
 

    4 comments:

    1. Glad you found some positives for today. Keep your chin up, you will be ok, you have great parents. Take care.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I posted a poem for you,made me think of you,but being such a not computer nerd [ or dumb -whichever]-so it is on Mama Pea Quilts----face book page,sorry thats the best I could do,have a great week-end,chin up Ms.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This post makes me feel much better about your well being! I must admit I was getting worried about you, but know you are a strong person and will do what you need to do.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Leave it to you to find the good during hard times! This trait of yours will see you through :)

      ReplyDelete

    If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!