* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Brrrrrrr!

As the old Scandahoovians would say, "Yah, vinter . . . she's here!"  It's a chillly 8 degrees this morning!  Brrrrrrrr!


Both Tucker and I awoke just before the alarm this morning, alerted to the sounds of gurgling water.  As my sleepy mind cleared, I thought, "Water in the gutters?  No, it's not that warm, right?"  Fortunately (no crisis this time!), it was just the hot water running through the baseboard circuit of the bedrooms.  There are three thermostats in the house for the three different hot water line arrays:  one for the in-floor heat downstairs, one for the bathroom (and library & walk-in closet) upstairs, and the other for the bedrooms upstairs.  That one is set at the lowest temperature (60), and this morning was the first time that it was called into action.

Now it's time for me to jump into the shower.  Wish it wasn't a "shower day" for me today, but it is.  I'll know the hot water will feel good, but the prospect of peeling off my oh-so-soft bathrobe to get in is fairly unappealing.  (Or should that be 'unapeeling'?  Get it?)


Okay, on with it!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Sounds as if we have about the same temps in the house these mornings! Sure makes it hard to get out of the warm, cozy bed, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read that it struck terror! It's always something bad when I hear that kind of stuff! Glad to hear it was your beloved home working the way it should! Do you think your latest snowfall is there to stay with the low temps? I hope - and those "borderline" temps make me worry about your long commute, I just hate that stuff that melts and then refreezes late afternoon on the roads. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow here yet. They're saying a possible storm blowing in Wednesday night just in time for Thanksgiving day. Not the best timing, and yet it sounds appealing!!! Hope your weekend's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!