* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Ain't Life Strange


Four years ago today, Tom and I closed on our little Hastings-on-the-Lake and moved into our very unfinished Swamp River Ridge house.

Was that the beginning of the end for us?  Some say yes.

Others, like myself, see the real beginning of the end as being Tom's March of 2009 trip to Arizona to "find himself" . . . and his subsequent accident & five-day hospital stay out there.  Looking at that time in retrospect, I think that he desperately wanted to tell me that he "wanted out" during the conversations we were having while he was recovering . . . but couldn't.

Anyway, now, on September 15th these 4 years later, I am going over the next-to-final copy of our divorce J & D (Judgment and Decree).  Hmph.  Ain't life strange?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't realize the "finding himself" stuff had started before the climbing trip... I'm sorry you have had to go through this indecision stuff for so long, it's not fair at all, and now you have this huge home to deal with, although you love it so much. Did he ever find himself? Some people never do, so this final paperwork should at least save you from going through this over and over again. I think if my husband said he needed to "find himself" I would block the doorway and be all "well HERE YOU ARE"! But I am kind of a bi&ch that way, LOL... hubby apparently is okay with that personality trait of mine :). By the way, the fall colors in your header are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. "Finding" oneself has become such a tidy way of saying, I'm too chicken to face facts and save a lot of heartache from happening to people who love me. I know it's tough to go it alone, as I have done it. But there's a little bit of thrill in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you do a great job of hiding an awful lot of your pain from Dad and me . . . sometimes I'm grateful for that, sometimes not.

    We want you to know you are doing an unbelievable job of staying strong, remaining optimistic and continuing to be conscientious and fair through this whole unwanted, upsetting, gut-wrenching situation.

    And you're doing it all with a great, big, ol' crack in your heart. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CM-what a blessing your mom is!! The cool thing is, most likely four years from today, you'll back and say "Look how far I've come in the last four years". You're awesome and an inspiration as you work so hard to make your new normal a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky - You're right about me being a little old lump o' blessing! ;o) Hahaha!

    Seriously, what you hit the nail on the head about was that this is Chickie Mama's start on a brand new, wonderful life from here on out!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!