* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Ten

I thought I'd have time for a proper post tonight, but, as usual, I've worked myself right out of time.  So, inspiration struck, and here follow 10 random Points of Interest / True Facts:
  1. Annie Blue is trying to catch a mouse in my office as we speak ('course, she brought it IN and then let it go so that she could play with it).
  2. I became a new auntie today!!  (But, shhhh, I need to let her tell you first!)
  3. I'm hungry.  But it's 11:45 at night, and I'm going to bed.
  4. I am down to 4 (pullets, now) of my original 15 Partridge Rock chicks.
  5. I think I know what's killing the chickens:  a nasty squeal from the chicken yard brought me out at a trot near sunset only to see something large, grey, and winged take off from one of the trees surrounding their area.  No wonder I haven't caught anything in the on-the-ground live trap!
  6. I collect coins.  My mother didn't know that.
  7. I've finally settled on names for the kittens (I think):  Bonzi for the cuddly one, and Dosie for the timid one.
  8. Our heat and humidity has finally broken, I think.
  9. I thought I'd be able to get the new computer I need for just under $500.  (You can begin laughing hysterically now.)
  10. The new header picture is a scanned postcard from many years ago of the little berg I call "town".
That's all!  Discuss amongst yourselves.

6 comments:

  1. Love the old harbor pic! I called the kids in to watch the Alpine Slide video and you should have heard them screaming hysterically LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! I'm hoping the cooler and less humid air is making it's way to us this afternoon. It's been so miserable, it's worn me out. Fall can't come fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computer try Dell outlet Can get a new up to date for LOTS less.
    I just got a desk top 750G hard drive 5G ram Windows 7 for under 700 and lots of other stuff.
    You have a hawk or owl getting the chickens? My you do live in the wild area of MN .
    Like the kitties names . You have a good week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, you tell those boys that we'll go when they come to visit during the summer/fall!!!

    Becky, I cannot TELL you how GIDDY I was last night when I exited Target (was in the big city) and it was COLD! I *HATE* being hot!!! (And being menopausal does NOT help!)

    Jean, THANKS! Can Dell Outlet be found online or is it a store?

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.dell.com/content/segmenter.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dfo

    www.dell.com
    go to the bottom of the page in a square it say SHOP at the bottom Dell Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new blog header picture. Brings back memories of when we first started coming up here.

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!