* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Saturday

I am SO off on days now - I honestly have to think REAL hard when asked to produce what day of the week it is (as in the title of this post).

Anyway, in the spare moments I had both this morning & yesterday before running out the door, I tried to post a picture from Thursday's "addition to the homestead", but Blogger is wonky & just not uploading anything from me!  But, in lieu of those photos being worth a thousand words, here are 13 words of description:  two hives of buzy honey bees arrived at ye ol' homestead on Thursday!  

Also of note:  last night, while driving one of my employees (okay, she's my favorite, but don't tell anyone!) and her girlfriend home (which is on my way), we passed what I thought was a smooshed purse in the highway.  I alllmost didn't turn around, but I figured it would be a good lesson for the girls (15 and 13, respectively) if I did.  SO glad I did!!!!  Yep, it was, indeed, a smooshed purse!  And, you could tell that the owner was one of those women (ALL of us?!) who kept her Life in her purse!  It was a pure joy to call her up to tell her that we had it.  She was a visiting instructor to the folk school, up from the Twin Cities for the weekend.  Although I hadn't recognized the name on her business card, I recognized the fiber artist the minute I saw her waiting in the driveway of their motel.  Anyway, good deed done . . . and $106 (in addition to oodles of credit cards, etc., etc.) saved!

Okay, writing is too much fun this morning, and I'm painting myself into a tight time-constrained corner . . . AS usual!  Five batches of cottage cheese made on Thursday, too, and the last two need to be delivered today on my way to work!

Hasta la vistas, amigos!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Are you going to be selling the honey or is it for your own use? Wonderful of you to stop for that purse, I have been on the other side of a missing wallet and it is VERY stressful! Now go get some stuff done so you can feel good about today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture completely creeps me out (being allergic to bees), but I love it that you are keeping bees, especially since there is a such a honeybee problem these days.
    I sure wish someone had found my purse and returned it after it was stolen. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having bees will be so cool for you. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes as we've been considering it. That was so wonderful of you to track down the woman who lost her purse-she must've been frantic. Wouldn't be great if everyone looked out for each other like that?

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!