* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Send Help!

Geez, will someone please chain me to my desk today?  

Yesterday was the 2nd in a row to go 'ZIP!'  When I came in from working outside it was 7:04 PM!  Good grief!  Granted, I had an unexpected and truly lovely visit from new friends who I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of in the years to come.  

This couple finally sold their house in the Cities last month and, by the end of May, will be here YEAR-ROUND!  When the road that runs between us is open (summertime, before snowfall, and after snow-melt), they'll be my closest neighbors (about 9 miles away).  In the wintertime, though, we'll have to go "the long way" to visit . . . unless one uses a snowmobile.  It was kind of funny when they arrived because I was staining that chair out on the large deck when I heard an ATV engine come down the hill and across the river in the valley just below.  I thought, "Hmmm, I wonder if that could be the Murphys* coming to visit?"  And, moments later I heard the engine cut off in the driveway!  :)  I sure am glad I took the time to bake those yummy blueberry muffins yesterday morning!


*  Not their real name, of course.

Anyway, as a result of taking time to visit, I didn't get much done on yesterday's To Do list.  And, with a busy weekend ahead, I HAVE to get some of this deskwork done.  It's a M-U-S-T!  So, I will be here - AT MY DESK - except for breaks in which I'll do chores and maybe a couple of my previously listed & unfinished tasks.

WISH ME LUCK! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got the very best "work" done yesterday! People, and especially new friends, are a precious investment of your time. Wish we lived closer-I'd love a visit on your deck and one of your blueberry muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for good friends and good weather - glad you took the time to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!