When I get so busy like this, when there are so many things that need to be done NOW . . . my brain stops working properly. I came up with a good analogy for it when I was doing the mental outline of this post. It's like thousands of honey bees are zipping around in my head, pinging off the sides of my skull and crashing into each other . . . but there's no place for one to land. As a result, I kind of skim over all the visible tasks, some important, some not . . . and that's not good. What I need to do is to take that proverbial (and LITERAL!) step back; to take the time to slow down the whizzing of my brain enough to allow myself to think. And, why DON'T I do this? 'Cause I worry about the time lost while I'm stepping back! But, the little voice that's hollering to be heard above the buzzing bees is shouting, "You dummy! If you just take the time to figure things out, your time will be spent SO much more efficiently!" So, I think I'm gonna be smart and lay down for a minute to LISTEN to the inner me.
What will I be thinking about?
- The 16 Partridge Rock day-old chicks that arrived to Swamp River Ridge yesterday.
- The batteries which I finally headed out to do a partial maintenance evaluation on last night at 10:00 PM.
- The dog that I have to pick up tonight to dog-sit.
- The bee meeting (you can see how I came by the analogy that I did!) I am attending tonight.
- The 75-minute online counseling session that Tom and I need to take tonight.
- What I need to get organized / ready in order for The Peanut (currently known also as Hop-A-Long) to have another overnight here.
- Finally finishing all the paperwork for our taxes and the lawyers.
- Can I squeeze in a shower before the meetings tonight or just wash my hair?
- Has my sinus infection come back and should I refill the antibiotics as the doc suggested I might have to?
- Do I have time to wash & pack eggs this afternoon and make the invoices and then deliver them tonight before all the meetings?
- Is it just psychological that I feel so exhausted (when I actually slept in this AM and got a good night of sleep), and should I just GET OVER IT?