* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Spring, Sprang, Sprung

Has spring really sprung?  I'm not too sure.  Last Wednesday was positively glorious with the temperature in the shade of the north side of the chicken house reading 56 degrees!  But, Thursday was cooler (although still lovely) and Friday brought temperatures that froze all the hoses I'd hooked up (albeit a tad prematurely).  Sigh.  Now we're having weather that, I'm guessing, is fairly normal:  cold at night and in the 40s during the day.  (Maple syrup season!)

I arrived home from a weekend away last night at 10:30, an oddity for me (being gone).  But, I had a really enjoyable time!  My Girl (pseudo-adopted daughter) is in the final months of her high school career, and this past weekend was the performance of her high school play.  So, her oldest sister and I took the 4 1/2 hour road trip down and over to the central third of the state.  A brother and his wonderful family (who visits up here fairly often) lives there, and so we stayed with them.  It was a very laid-back, casual visit punctuated by tours of the town and meeting Mom and Dad, Grandma & Grandpa and other family members.

And, with that minimal description of the weekend, I feel like I need to get going.  The house is a DISASTER, and I have to get lots of paperwork together for meeting with the tax preparer tomorrow.  Hopefully, the creative bug will strike, and I'll write a much more interesting & comprehensive post about Life at Swamp River Ridge later.  :)

1 comment:

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!