* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



My New Year's Resolutions, Part I: Ghosts of Resolutions Past

I came upon this completely by accident today, but it was a fun find! Here they are, verbatim:

New Year's Resolutions for 2002: To have lost 20 lbs. by this same time next year. If I am pregnant, the goal will be to weigh no more than I do now.

New Year's Resolution for 2003: Realistic resolution is to exercise the majority of days out of each week this year. Unrealistic resolution is to look like Faith Hill by the end of the year.

New Year's Resolutions for 2004: To be accountable to my Accountability Chain*. Meaning, to do daily exercise every day for each 30-day period with the allowance for 4 days off in that time period. And, to be in bed with lights out by 11:00 PM Sundays - Thursdays (Fridays & Saturdays are "open nights").

* 'Visuals' help me, so each month I made a paper chain (just like you did each Christmas as a kid) and hung it in the kitchen doorway. As I completed each day of exercise, I got to shorten the chain by one paper link. DON'T ask me how many (i.e. FEW) paper chains I made that year.

New Year's Resolutions for 2005: To write one old-fashioned, hand-written (is preferred, but typed is OK) letter each month. To make better use of my time. To make one new recipe each month.

New Year's Resolutions for 2006, 2007, & 2008: Who knows? Undoubtedly some version of both the above and below.

New Year's Resolutions for 2009:

  • To stop swearing . . . at least in front of my parents.
  • To return telephone calls and e-mails . . . in a timely fashion. There are currently 18 messages on the voice mail awaiting my attention, and 1,674 e-mails in my Inbox (already read but) needing responses*.
  • Another task I ALWAYS want to be better at is getting ALL the Christmas cards out in time (I have N-E-V-E-R gotten them ALL out before Christmas) . . . but it seems silly to make a resolution that I can hardly even start working on for another 10 months, you know?**
  • Then, I'm back to those too-generalized / all-encompassing ones that are in the back of my mind year-round like being more organized, taking better care of the dogs & cat, and being a better farmer.
* Ooh, ooh! I'm improving on that one! There are only 8 voice mails to clean up and 1,614 e-mails in my Inbox awaiting replies! Progress!

** Ha. I completely gave UP this year and didn't send a single one!

Tomorrow . . . THIS year's resolutions!


3 comments:

  1. I love the pregnant one! Always fun to stumble upon this stuff years into the future! Can't wait to see this year's resolutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,

    Good morning! :) As you can see, I didn't have ANY unrealistic goals, either, these past years. ;) Although, I do get asked, on a regular basis, whether or not my husband is Tim McGraw.




    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resolutions WHY?????? just take it as it comes . One day at a time

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!