* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Anxiety

In our little family, anxiety attacks are usually left to my husband to bear. However, today it's my turn. (I didn't feel this bad when the septic tank backed up!)

I think it has a LOT to do with the low pressure. Here at Swamp River Ridge, we have pea-soup fog today. Fog you could "cut with a knife" (oh, wait, that's tension). Anyway, you get the idea. It is SO dark in the house. It's a perfect day for building a fire and then cozying up with a book or handwork . . . which is exactly what Tom recommended that I do. But, when you're suffering a mini-anxiety attack, you just CAN'T relax enough to do that!

Other than meds, about the only thing that gets me through these little bouts is tackling whatever it is that has me stressed. Today that's money (i.e. the lack thereof) and messiness in the house . . . and an unplanned trip to town to rectify the negative balance in our checking account (thank goodness for the emergency stash!). But then, having to "take" from the emergency stash also results in MORE stress because it's less money remaining there . . . and it's always so hard to replace it once it's borrowed. It's a vicious circle.

I know that when I feel like this, I just have to compartmentalize things and take one little step at a time. I WOULD be rendered useless if I let 'The All of It' come at me at once . . . which is what's threatening.

So, that said, I'll take myself outside into the gloom now to do some chores. And, that will be one little box of compartmentalized stress that I'll be able to close the lid on once it's done. And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!