* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Saturday Morning Update

Tom's been doing a lot of self-instructed physical therapy at the community pool in town, and he's gained a HUGE amount of movement in his right arm/shoulder. The big problem is that he still can't bear any weight with that arm . . . which he continual reminds himself of each time he - unthinkingly - tries to do something like heft Tucker into a vehicle (no small feat for ANYONE)! And then he's in pain, and I yell at him, "What did you do that for?!", and he's reminded that he's still mending!

Men!

We lost a HUGE amount of snow this week - the unfortunate aspect of that being that the house floor is now COVERED in muddy little paw prints. Such is springtime in the Northwoods.

There's a bad wash-out on the 4-mile long winter driveway now that's gonna cause some problems REAL soon. The really difficult-to-fix part of it, too, is that it runs LENGTHWISE down the road, instead of just cutting across it! It's probably close to 12" deep in spots, and if we get a good rainstorm, we're gonna be in trouble . . . whichever side of it we're on at the time. Although, either way, we'll be fine: if we're not at home when it happens, I can haul some gravel from the gravel yard in town to fill it . . . and if we're home, I can fill it from the pile of gravel we have stored here.

We got so much snow this winter that new "low spots" and washouts are evident that never were problems in previous winters, this particular one included. Which reminds me - I need to go out and find the orange highway cone to mark a BAD pothole on the road. It's one of those that drops away all the way down to China. Hit that at any speed and your entire axle would be laying on the ground!

So, the benefit is this evening, and I just found out this morning that the silent auction proceeds are going to be MATCHED by Lutheran Brotherhood! Holy Moly, Rocky! I have a sneaky feeling that's in direct correlation to the new pastor at the church - a wonderful woman who seems REALLY proactive. I can only imagine that she's the driving force behind it . . . as well as the beautiful handmade get-well card we got from the church (and we're not even members!).

Lastly, I've added a fun little list on the right side here on this blog titled 'If I Had All The Money In The World, I Would . . . .' I got the idea while I was outside doing chores this morning, listening to the wild birds, and thinking, "If I had all the money in the world, I would have bird feeders EVERYWHERE around here, and I'd never run out of birdseed!" So, watch it as I add to and change it. And . . . I would encourage you to steal the idea for your OWN blog or webpage! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!