* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A Photographic Break

I need a break. I've been ironing for over an hour and my feet and lower back are squawkin'.

These shots are from a week ago Sunday (the 1st). This is the extended family of the peanut I nanny for. Nana & Papa (who raised their sons here and still have the house/cabin even tho they're not here full-time) were up, and so were M (the 1st born of the two sons) and his wife (one of my oldest girlfriends) and their two girls, the peanut's cousins.

In the afternoon, the girls and their mama came over to visit the peanut & me. Upon seeing nearly 16-month old R climb into my lap, her cousins wanted to see if they could still fit in their mama's lap . . . much to her chagrin! (And pain?!)


Tom and I were most fortunate to be included in the WONDERFUL dinner that Nana & Papa hosted that night. It was at their house that (perhaps for the first time?) some How-Tall-Am-I-Compared-To-Mom measurements were taken of the oldest cousin. (Next year at this time, I'll wager she'll have her mom beat!)


Here's just a nice shot of most of the group before dinner. For those of you who know all these, folks, isn't it hysterical how the three related men (one Papa & two sons) are ALL making the SAME hand gesture as they speak? (Although, who is listening if they're all talking at the same time?)


Then, Tom and the oldest cousin rest after dinner. Hard to believe she's not a little girl, anymore!!

1 comment:

  1. Omigosh, the G girls are getting big! So great to see the pictures. Pictures are wonderful . . . keep posting 'em.

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!