* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Early Autumn

Early Autumn is here - and, while it illustrates the all-too-speedy passage of time, it also heralds cooler temps . . .which, for me, is one big HALLELUJAH! :)

Tom spied the first changing colors on the 10th, and I snapped the first picture you see here. Now, the sunflowers are in full bloom as this other picture (from last Sunday) shows.

Tom and I continue to be uncomfortably busy. That said, we still thank our lucky stars that will live where we do and have the life that we have!

Tom's Trapper Cabin Handyman Service is busy, busy, busy - so much so that he's had to turn down one job and has others "hanging over his head", as it were. To top that off, another job offer has come down the pike which he's / we're in the process of mulling over. It would be a completely new avenue for him to travel down - and lots of hard work and long hours - but it would be good money and he couldn't ask to work with a better business partner. The salt of the earth, this man is! On the down side, his new, successful handyman business would probably need to go to the wayside 'cause there just wouldn't be enough time for both. What to do . . . ?

Meanwhile, I am the newest instructor at the local folk school! (Ha!) 'Chickens with Mama' is the working title. They want me to teach a Chicken 101 course, as it were. So, I've got to get going on the course description, syllabus, etc., etc.! The two-day class will take place in early November.

Today, I'm just TRYING to get even the tiniest bit caught up on deskwork. It just doesn't seem like I'm making any progress!

1 comment:

  1. Two new blog entries . . . that's progress! I miss it when you can't find time to post on your blog.

    Love, Mama P

    P.S. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!