* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



ZAP!

Just a quick update to tell you that we're at a bit of a stand-still (not that I'd been updating regularly, anyway, but I WAS almost getting to the point where I'd have time)!

We just never seem to have "regular" weather anymore. I.e., if it rains, it STORMS. And, on Monday night, it STORMED, and we experienced the 2nd lightning strike of the season . . . this time to the house (or DANG-NEAR-CLOSE!). So, what didn't we have on surge protectors? The telephone system and the satellite (Internet) modem. And, what got zapped? The telephone system and the satellite modem. Fortunately, since Tom's phone is out in his office in the garage (which didn't get hit), that one was fine. So, we stole the equipment from his phone needed to replace the fried equipment on my phone, and we have phone service in the house again! (But now he doesn't, in the office, until the parts come.)

And, we're completely SOL when it comes to the Internet . . . which, of course, includes the business I have as the office manager for a massage therapist. I do all the scheduling online. Which is difficult when you can't GET online! So, until the new modem arrives (they wouldn't guarantee expedited shipping, even if I was going to pay for it!!!), we are limping along by taking the laptop every time we go into town and/or run into WiFi service. Or, when we're at my folks' (as I am now), I hop on the computer to get done what I can.

To top it off, I was called for jury duty: had to report this AM @ 9:00. Once I got there, the lovely southern-accented woman (where'd she come from?!) said, "Oh, didn't they call you?" She looked at her sheet, and - WHOOPS - there was no phone number for us! Since we have cell-only numbers, there was nothing "listed". Although, you would THINK the government (court house) could get ahold of cellphone listings, don't you? And, in this day and age, I'm surprised that there isn't a cellphone directory yet. But, I digress.

I now have to report for jury duty on FRIDAY at - OUCH - 8:00 AM! I'm hoping they'll either reject me as a juror or give me a JUICY case. Unfortunately, none of us have heard of anything "going on" around town, so I doubt it's anything big. Can boring crimes go to trial?

Anyhoo, that's it for now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to my favorite California uncle AND my dear girlfriend's middle child, Big G. Too bad all the incriminating photos - for BOTH of them - are at home on my main computer! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! But I'm your ONLY California uncle!

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!