* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Squirrel Fight!

At the end of March, I came home one beautiful, warm morning. I put fresh birdseed out, and the squirrels arrived in droves! Had I been thinking, I would have taken some video of the action, but I didn't. Anyway, it was a real blood bath (truly - you'll see!) between them all to see who would take ownership of the feeder. I think I took 58 photos all together! Here I have a few in rapid succession of the most violent of the "discussions"! (And, for those of you who know red squirrels, you can IMAGINE how loud the chattering was!)

First Photo: Brave Squirrel says, "Watch out! I'm comin' in!"











Second Photo: "Think again, buddy boy!" (There are three squirrels in that knot if you enlarge the picture and look closely.)










Third Photo: "I'll . . . (grunt) . . . get . . . (slap, scratch) . . . you!"

(Oh, how I wish this one had been properly focused!)








Fourth Photo: The defeated surrenders to the victorious.











Fifth Photo: Evidence of a battle.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoed the video. I miss up North.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning how to make comments. Okay?

    ReplyDelete

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!