* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



An Update About . . . Nothing

That's it, unfortunately. Nothing much has been going on, so there hasn't been much to write about. Recovery continues to be snail-pace SLOW for me, and the problem is that when I don't even feel well mentally I don't feel much up to doing sit-down jobs like deskwork, you know?

Tom got a good bit of woodwork done this past weekend, and I had a visit from a dear girlfriend and her 3 1/2 month-old babe on Saturday. Unfortunately, while I enjoy the visits the day of, I'm good for nothing the next two. ANYTHING above the (pitiable little) "ordinary" these days still takes it right out of me. My doctor told me that for some reason - after major surgeries / trauma - our bodies break down our cells (when just the opposite is what we need). That process doesn't stop and begin to reverse itself (begin rebuilding cells) until about 6 weeks post-event, give or take. So, even when I'm not having pain, I'm still just very . . . blah. No zip, no energy, no nuthin'. Bah humbug! So, my anticipated ability to get lots of deskwork and sit-down jobs done during my recovery hasn't much come to fruition. And, of course I feel about as useful around here as a broken toothpick. I managed to get the most recent two tubs of mail sorted and a batch of dishes and the outside chores done today, but that was IT. Pa-the-tic. Pppbbbttt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!