* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Eight Days And Counting . . . Aaaaghhh!

Have any of you figured out the key to holiday organization? Or, just organization in general so that a person is not constantly running around like the proverbial chicken with her head cut off?

I am trying very hard to not panic about the dwindling number of days left before Christmas . . . a time of year that SHOULD, ideally, be for sitting around watching the crackling fire and glittering lights on the tree while sipping eggnog. Unfortunately, I don't even have the tree up yet! Heck, we haven't even gone out to cut it down yet! I repeat, "Aaaaghhhhh!"

How does that saying go? The faster I go, the behinder I get?

I'm not sure what (more) it's going to take because I certainly haven't been sitting around on my keester. So, I guess I'll just keep plugging away - continuously reminding myself that it will do me no good to start rushing and/or freaking out - and hope that I'll E-V-E-N-T-U-A-L-L-Y get caught up. Truly, that is my goal in life: before I kick the bucket at the ripe old age of 100, I want to feel organized and (relatively) "on top of things". I'll keep you posted. ;) I have sixty-four years left for potential organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!