* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Artisans' Pre-Christmas Sale . . . or Not

Not that there wasn't a sale at the town hall a week ago yesterday . . . it's just that that was the day we got the snow dumped on us, and there wasn't much SELLING going on!

From about 1:00
in the afternoon until 4:00 when the sale was over, n-o-t-h-i-n-g happened. On the up side, I did get to know one of the other crafters a lot better, and wine-accompanied visits promise to be in the near future for us! ;)

Expecting them to be a big seller, I'd made up four different sets of pre-printed Christmas / holiday cards (3 boxes each of 12 cards & envelopes). And . . . I didn't sell one. Not ONE! Was the 1st of December too late? Did people already have their cards? And, it wasn't just my style / design that they didn't like: the other photographic notecard artist didn't sell any of hers, either! Hrmph.

I did make a wee profit, though (well, not really if you count my time & expenses - but let's just say I took home a wee amount of money that day). And, Tom, who hadn't had time to make any of his wonderful little dogsleds, DID take an order for one based on the single model that we had to display.

And, the funny thing is: the artists who were there last year said that it was snowing that day, too, and that we'd gotten 5" of snow . . . and the sales were FANTASTIC! So what was the problem THIS year? The falling snow coupled with the gas prices plus the economy?

I dunno. It wasn't a bust, but it sure was pathetic! I've GOT to get that website up and running!!! (My first-of-the-year task.)

1 comment:

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!