* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Blessed Be the Raindrops

We FINALLY got some fabulous, wonderful rain last night. I haven't been out to the rain gauge yet, but, judging by the amount of water in the dogs' food dishes out on the deck, I'd say we got 3/4" or so! Minnesota, as a whole, has been hit by heavy storms lately and even massive flooding in the southeastern part of the state, but we still hadn't (before last night) received a single drop of it and were / are still in the height of forest fire danger and drought conditions. Case in point, I ran the hose yesterday to fill up the water barrel in the chicken yard and - while the water was running out of the hose onto the ground - I noticed that the dirt is so hard-packed and baked by the sun that the water just ran away across the top of it. Nothing could penetrate the surface to do any good. So, last night's soaker was MUCH needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!