* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Unbearable

Once again I find myself wondering, "How did the pioneers handle it?!" But, I'm not referring to the workload this time: I'm talking about the heat and humidity. (And, for that matter, I could be referring to our grandparents as well - who needs to go as far back as the pioneers to talk about the days before electricity and the modern conveniences it brought?)

For the past few days we have been experiencing an unusually HOT and HUMID bout of weather with in-the-shade temperatures pushing the 90s each day. Thank GOODNESS we have the benefit of a concrete floor which soaks up and retains the coolness from the ground, but I'm not even sure how much of a benefit that is providing.

Bottom line, it is miserable. You can't sleep at night, and you break a sticky sweat during the day if you so much as put a load of laundry into the washer.

Perhaps with the increased effects of Global Warming, we here in the northern latitudes will have to actually install air conditioning! You can BET we'd have it turned on right now if we had the option!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!