* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



What Do You Feed A Moose?

May 7, 2007

You'll certainly have to enlarge this photo to see him, but this is Morton.

Morton is a VERY tiny yearling - so small, in fact, that we at first assumed him to be this year's calf. But, Mama has kicked him out from under her care and guidance so that she can give the same to this year's babe. Hence, Morton is on his own and looking a little bewildered. He hangs out at the end of our driveway (this was taken just across from it) or down the road a bit.

I asked my dad, "What should we feed him?" And, of course, ever the wise one to remind me to let wild animals be wild animals, his response was, "Nothing."

After all, Morton does need to learn to make it on his own in the big, wide world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!