* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



6 May 2007

We had a massive windstorm in November of 2005 during which we lost this huge White Pine. I was working up at the property by myself, and I happened to be up in the trapper cabin having lunch when the extreme winds hit. The winds were so strong that the cabin was shaking. Then, I heard two gunshot sounds, back to back, and knew that some huge tree had gone down. It wasn't until I was driving out towards home (still Hastings-on-the-Lake then) that I saw which tree it was. It broke our hearts to see the behemoth broken, but, conversely, it felt good to be able to salvage it (finally!) for lumber last weekend.

Here is Tom, cutting the best section off to drag home to the area where we'll put the sawmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!