* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



20 May 2007: Snow
























Well, we may be tough, but this is ridiculous!

With temperatures in the 20s this morning and a light dusting of snow covering everything (good thing I didn't plant the raised-bed garden yet!), something needed to be done about (the lack of!) heat in the house. And, with such balmy outside temperatures, the thermostat/thermometer inside the house read 58 degrees this morning. So, enough is enough!

Our wood burning Central Boiler has a special additional feature: it can also be fired by LP gas. So, moving through all the steps I performed last weekend in turning the system off, I reversed them this morning and fired the Central Boiler back up. The plus side is that this is a way to heat the house without fear of sparks from a wood fire. The down side is that we'll be using LP to heat with and, given the price of fuel right now . . . well, you get the idea. My hope is that the outside temperatures will be back up to normal in a week or so and that we can go through the process yet again and turn the heat off for the summer!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!