* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



12 April 2006

When I talk about driving the scenic "back way" as soon as the road opens in the springtime . . . well, this is what happened last year when I tried it (a little too early)! There was this one protected and shaded spot - more than halfway home - that was still quite snowy. I figured that if I gunned in, I could make it through the stretch to the clear road and gravel beyond. A mere 20 feet from the aforementioned clear road and gravel, I knew I had figured wrong.

Fortunately, it was a gorgeous, warm day. Unfortunately, I had already taken the shovel out of the car for the year (I've since learned my lesson regarding that particular "don't-rush-it" item). But, I did happen to have a five-gallon pail and lid with me, so I used the lid to shovel. Between that and shoving dried weeds and grasses I pulled up from the side of the road underneath the tires, I got myself out of the jamb in about an hour. Once I was able to drive out of it, I stopped to take this Learning Experience picture.

(P.S. Tom was traveling for work when this happened, and no one knew where I was. Yet another "don't try this at home" moment. You'd think I'd learn one of these days . . . !)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!