* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Hallelujah!

Did you hear it yesterday? Tom and I had a Hip-Hip-Hooraying volley going between me down here at the house and him up by the garage. After 6 months of living here, I FINALLY found my long-lost recipe box yesterday . . . among a stack of things I'd (thought I'd) already gone through with a fine-toothed comb! Now I'll know why those tried-and-true dishes that I was making just never tasted "quite right" (without the recipe)!

Although, the recipe box wouldn't have been in very high demand the last couple of weeks, anyway. The cook (that's me), has been down and out with gallbladder problems and not able to eat! A visit to the local clinic on the 6th for blood tests and x-rays and then an ultrasound on Friday with our regular doctor in Duluth confirmed what we all were 90% sure of. And, it's gotta go. I meet with the surgeon the first week of April. I'll keep you posted . . . . Meanwhile, keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't have any attacks between now and then!

Because the arrival of professionally-built cupboards and cabinets for the house are going to be a ways off, we've been designing temporary cabinets for the
kitchen . . . including the one that the (yes, you heard it right) sink will go in! So, yesterday, Tom built the set that goes along the north wall of the kitchen. It was in place right around the time the clock struck 10:00 PM. I am in absolute giddy awe over the amount of shelf space I have, and today I am going to unpack boxes, and fill it up!

How many times have I said it? It's the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!