* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



25 March 2007














Much more satisfying an endeavor that buying them at the grocery store, here are my half of the processed chickens, ready to be wrapped in freezer paper.

At just over 30 minutes per bird, start to finish, it took my friend 5 3/4 hours to process them all. I certainly couldn't have equalled that time frame! The last bird - a rooster - was so uncooperative to pluck that she finally just skinned him, cleaned him, made up a quick (DELICIOUS) stuffing, and threw him in the slow roaster! We ate him that night when I picked up the birds. Now, you can't get much fresher chicken than that! :)

When it was all said and done, I expected to have in-the-high-30s (count-wise) remaining chickens, but I seem to have 44! I think we'll gradually whittle that down - one here, one there - if someone gets out of line or we crave fresh chicken some night this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!