* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



24 March 2007

Last Saturday was the last butchering day (more or less) of the winter / early spring. As I mentioned in an earlier post, a girlfriend of mine was going to pluck and process them for me this time around - keeping half for her family as payment.

So, Tom and I were up bright and early to take care of the 16 birds I'd chosen for the - figurative AND literal - chopping block. As soon as they were packed into two large boxes and the heads in a pail ready to be dumped as a delicacy for the wild critters somewhere along the road, I headed out to bring them the 1/2 hour down to my friend.

Two miles from home, I came across this beautiful timberwolf in the middle of the road. I couldn't get very close before he gave me this nice profile and headed into the woods. But, if you enlarge the shot, you'll get the general idea of how majestic they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!