* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Moving On . . . .






















So, in an effort to move on from that depressing-as-hell last post, here is what's transpired since last Thursday and our first attempt as on-air personalities. The program director thought I was hysterical to worry so much about what had happened (saying such a stupid thing) and losing a potential pledge to the station. Point being, they still want me / us. Also point being, each and every radio show host who's learned of my snafu has related their own - many of which involved the F-word going out over the air which could have (and, legally, should have) gotten our FCC license yanked.

I'm still super hesitant about saying something on-air that is going to hurt or offend, and I think it's going to be a real high-wire act to find that balance between censoring myself and still being (blathering ol') me.

But, it sounds like we'll eventually be heading down that road again (of being on the radio). As is the case with falling off the proverbial horse, I just need to get back on and get my confidence back.

Maybe THIS time I just won't tell everyone that we're going to be on-air! ;)

Tom @ the radio station on 8 February 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!