* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



3 February 2007

This is what two really cold people look like when it's -14 degrees outside. Notice how my hair, scarf, and hat are all white and frozen but Tom's hat isn't? That's because skunk fur is one of the wild animal furs that doesn't frost up! Nifty, huh?!

Speaking of his gorgeous, warmest-there-ever-was, one-of-a-kind hat . . . I did the UNSPEAKABLE tonight. With his approval (THANK GOODNESS), I wore it out to do chores 'cause the hat IS so warm (and it's -17 as I write this). However, it's also really windy and gusty tonight. When I had the wood furnace open, stoking it up, a wind gust sent a blast of fire out - straight into Tom's hat. The horrible result was that all the front hairs on it fried and curled right up. I feel sooooooooooooo bad! He's since tried brushing it out with a fine-toothed comb, and it won't be noticeable to someone who doesn't know the hat, but I'll certainly never be wearing it again! (And, as an aside, I - stupidly - never would have thought animal fur to be so susceptible to heat like that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!