* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



11 February 2007

Another "aside" - or, should I say, side effect - of butchering. It ain't a clean, pretty job. Nor is it "fun". I don't know how to put it into words other than to express the absolute necessity to have appreciated what the animal gave to you . . . or will give to you as a result of its death . . . before you kill it.

Seeing the ease with which a life - be it an animal's or human's - can be snuffed . . . makes one all the more - deeply - appreciative of their own life. It would be an incredible learning experience if everyone could see the butchering process, at least once. I guarantee it would result in a good deal more vegetarians . . . as well as a greater appreciation for your fellow man and beast! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!