* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



11 February 2007

Back to the butchering process . . . .

What do egg yolks look like when they haven't been made into fully formed eggs yet? Well . . . here ya go . . . straight from the innards of a hen!

I am SO please that the chickens have FINALLY started laying up to their potential! I've determined that a July 1st hatch is just too late in the season (up here) for fall/early winter production (obviously). But, yesterday I got 22 eggs! My egg route clients who prefer 2 dozen at a time (but have been getting only 1 for months now) will be so pleased! I might even be able to add one or two of the families on my waiting list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!