* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Ouch!

10 December 2006: Tom and I went sledding on our superb logging-road-cum-sledding-hill last Sunday, but it wasn't quite as comfortable as when I'd tried it out Saturday. There wasn't much snow, and the track I'd made was hard-packed by the time we both went. That made for fast sledding . . . but also painful bail-outs with so little snow (no padding)! I went down first in the plastic sled and went way off course, then hit a massive bump, and fell out - doing I-don't-know-how-many flips. (Not the best dismount for a 35-year old.) I stopped when my elbow smacked a frozen clump of dirt. Tom gave me a 3.5 but said the Russian judge would have given me a 1.0. Tom followed in the toboggan - a bit slower - and had a good ride. Then, I encouraged him to try the plastic sled: "it'll be much faster!" Well, faster it was . . . taking him briskly off course until he was stopped VERY abruptly by a stump. And, unfortunately, he was sitting on the sled with his legs spread (getting ready to stop himself). 'Nuff said. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!