* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



25 December 2006 - Christmas Day

Here I am, looking a bit exhausted Christmas morning but about to open the most thoughtful, time-consumptive, amazing gift from my mom: a hand-pieced, hand-stitched, hand-quilted Double Wedding Ring (that's the pattern) queen-sized quilt! She has been working on nothing else (I found out) since August! She's making the quilt just as it would have been 100 (150?) years ago with the (now reproduced but) authentic, actual grain sack prints used in the days of old. And, the backing is simple muslin - the only fabric they would have used (could have afforded to use) back then. The reproduction prints are my favorites, and Mom knows that, if nothing else, I am the Queen of Tradition. So, this was the perfect quilt to make me. Unfortunately, Double Wedding Rings are one of the most complicated patterns to make, and so, despite the time given to it, the quilt is not yet completed. So, I will keep you in suspense until it's done, but then you can DEFINITELY expect to see a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!