* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



25 December 2006 - Christmas Day

Before we started opening presents, I got a shot of the first Christmas tree in our house! I actually had NO intention of putting a tree up this year. "Not with our schedule and the construction!" I said. Besides, I didn't know where the boxes of decorations were. But, as the days passed and the holiday spirit was so hard to feel, I decided to get a tree to liven things up. It would be a surprise for both Tom (when he came back from the weekend visiting his dad) and for my folks who were expecting a rather dreary Christmas (decoration-wise) at our house.

Sad that "Dad" wasn't with us but knowing how much of a surprise this would be for him, the dogs and I headed out
on our own on the 17th with handsaw in hand and found a tree I was really happy with! Unfortunately, the only box of decorations I could find was the one with the balls (but also the lights!). So, all the special, family hand-me-downs didn't make the tree this year. But, at least it's up, and it really has added to the holiday cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!