* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



You Can't Keep A Good Man Down

On Sunday, not having time to make the 2-hour roundtrip drive into town to take a shower at Mom and Dad's, I washed my hair the old-fashioned way and took a sponge bath at our kitchen sink (i.e. galvanized buckets).

(As an aside, that experience took me right back to the "old days" when I was growing up "out in the sticks" with no running water or electricity. Hmm . . . can we draw any parallels here? Scary! Who woulda thunk it!)

Anyway, I had to get squeaky clean Sunday night because Tucker and I (well, just him, really) had a big day coming up on Monday! We (along with Maisy who was lending moral support to her little brother) were out of the house at 6:30 AM to make the 1 1/2 hour drive up to Canada (an extra half hour since we don't live right by the highway anymore). It was a big day for Tucker, and the poor boy had NO IDEA what was in store for him . . . . Yes, he had two small but very delicate and well-attached parts of his . . . manhood, shall we say? . . . removed. Ouch!

And, the things they can do with lasers these days - he didn't even have to stay overnight! He was only at the vet's a total of 8 hours, and then it was time to go home. Releasing us with instructions for a bland diet (a wee bit of intestinal upset) and "quiet time" with only limited exercise ("maybe a 15 minute easy walk"), we were off. HA! He's lippier and has more energy now than before we went in! I thought this surgery was supposed to dampen some of that (although that's certainly not why we had it done)! We did manage to keep him quiet Monday night - mostly due to the fact that he just wasn't feeling tip-top (duh!). But, yesterday, he was back at it, full-throttle. He even gave Maisy "what-for" this morning . . . the first time he's EVER done that! (Suchagoodboy!)

So, as I said, you can't keep a good man down! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!