* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Malaise

Malaise. I have it. The blues. The blahs. The "I don't feel like doing a damn thing."

But, I know why I have it. I'm overwhelmed. It's finally happened. I, the eternal optimist, "every little thing is progress", the buoy-er up of my eternally PESSimistic husband . . . have finally succumbed.

Moving into a house is one thing. Moving into the shell of what will someday become a fully-appropriated house is
quite entirely something else. When I checked phone messages today, I heard some fantastic news from a dear friend, and then, at the end of the message, she cheered, "I hope the unpacking is going well!" Unpacking? What unpacking? Yeah, we have everything to unpack, but WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT IT?

There are no cupboards or cabinets in the kitchen. There are no closet rods in the closets waiting to be primed and painted. There are no shelves in my pantry because I have to sand and stain the tongue and groove so that we can finish the walls. There are no cabinets or shelves made for the bathrooms (because I haven't found the time to design them or the ones for the kitchen yet). Blah, blah, blah. About the only thing we can "unpack" are the clothes that go into our dressers and bureaus . . . all of which, except for one, are, finally, up in our bedroom. But, having the insane summer that we did, I (yes, I'll admit it) moved most of our clothes dirty! So, I still have to wash those. And, while the washer's hooked up, the dryer's still not, and, with the cloudy, spitting-rain weather we've had lately, line drying hasn't proven to be very effective.

Complain, complain, complain, I know. But, perhaps it does help all of you to know what we're up to with such a picture painted. And, I think it's helping me get out of my hum-drum mood! (That's the plan, anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!