* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Brilliant Are The Husbands . . . .

Even though he has techno-weenies to do this sort of thing for him (at work, anyway), my brilliant husband hooked up the wireless satellite receiver to my computer tonight. What that means is that I NOW HAVE INTERNET ACCESS IN THE HOUSE - at my own computer! No longer am I sitting in that uncomfortable, machine-filled battery room in the garage! And, blessed are the small things: I now have "my own" keyboard and monitor. Aaahhhh . . . .

Big things for us today (although maybe not so for you - it's all relative): Tom built my first immediate request of a compost bin, and it's already serving its function! And, we got the clothesline hung and the first load of laundry (still from the laundromat in town, unfortunately) hung to dry in the fresh, autumn air (nothin' like it!). And, tonight, we had our first "real" meal at the dining room table - nothing out of a can. Gnocchi in a butter, white wine, fresh tomato, and garlic sauce with fresh steamed carrots on the side. The garlic, tomatoes, and carrots were all straight from the organic garden of one of the women with whom I trade goods for eggs. In her case, it's (obviously) fresh-from-the-garden veggies that serve as the "goods".

But, the best thing about being connected to the Internet through this computer now is that . . . I get to post pictures! So . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!