* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



Tired

Tired, pooped, stick a fork in us - we're done.

For it only being Wednesday, we've had a profitable week. Basically, all we have left to do (besides cleaning) before we put the house on the market is lay carpet in the 2nd bedroom and install a new lighting fixture. Obviously, our focus has been that room lately. My computer and "office" are now on the dining room table - a very "where is everything?!" feeling for me.

When I cleared out the second bedroom in order for us to get into it to finish it, I packed all but the barest of essentials. The rest got shuttled into the back storage shed for direct travel up to the new house when the time comes. And, I'm really quite proud (or horrified) of myself regarding how much STUFF I had packed in there! Whew - it's been a project.

After finishing everything but the carpeting (which still needs to be purchased), Tom and I snarfed down a keep-us-going piece of fresh rhubarb pie (thanks, Mom!) before heading up to the property tonight. There, we prepped the final two window openings and actual windows themselves for installation. Our roofing crew is coming out tomorrow night to do the final measurement on the roof (we're installing hand-fabricated zinc shingles) and have agreed to help us heft in the last two beasts. And, all we have to give them in return is pizza and beer at the pub - which was scheduled anyway, actually!! What a relief and joy it will be to FINALLY have ALL the windows (46) in! Now, three doors left to go, and then both the house and garage will be COMPLETELY buttoned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!