* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A Quick Update

As always, progress goes slower than one would hope, but we are getting things done in the respect of buttoning up this house for the market. Tom's been doing all the work himself so far as I've been occupied with other necessities.

On Monday, after work, I headed up to Canada for a quick stop at the vet's and then some grocery shopping. I chuckled about that on the way home: you know you live close to another country when you can do your grocery shopping (perishables and all) when you're there! Then, yesterday, I was cooped up here in my office all day catching up on bill paying and budgeting. We also squeezed in a run to town to unload the winter's supply of construction debris at the dump (which just opened) and pick up building supplies. While Tom was doing that, I prepared our little cabin, the Hafweh Haus, for a friend who's coming up for a couple of days.
And, to top it all off, we've needed rain desperately - the forest fire watch has been at 'high' - but we sure didn't need it this week! With only a reprieve for a couple of hours here and there, it's been raining since Sunday. Instead of being able to work outside, Tom has converted the porch into a woodshop - a very cramped space to work in. And, snow is predicted tonight through Friday. I doubt we'll see it down here on the lake, but it's just a reminder that we are living in the North Country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!