* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



The Taxman Cometh

Happy Easter Weekend!

So, what I'd like to know is whose brilliant idea it was to combine a lovely, treat-filled holiday with something as onerous as taxes?! Yuck. Starting our taxes today, though, should provide you all with a frequently updated blog! After all, I will be looking for every excuse in the book for multiple breaks from searching out those tax loopholes! Heck, I might even get the dishes done!
Tom returned last night from the week in the Cities for work. While his wife and gang were all at the local tavern Thursday night watching our friend and polar explorer on 'Jay Leno', poor Tom was watching from the (dis?)comfort of his motel room.
It was a fun 'Northern Exposure'-esque night, though: our friend's wife and 5 other friends and I met for dinner and then congregated in front of the flat-screen TV with all the other locals who don't have TVs of their own at home. We hooted and hollered during the commercials and shushed when the boys were on-screen. Leno gave them 8 minutes instead of the typical 6 allowed for such an interview, and, while WE all know they are big-time, it was neat to see the national coverage with this particular kind of media. Of course, it must be said that many of us women are also very aware of which hand shook Dennis Quaid's - and we will be in line to find out if he spoke to him! ;) After all, we DO have our priorities!
Work continues on the garage roof, and I would encourage all of you who are planning on putting on a new roof in the near future to consider these architectural shake shingles - they are just gorgeous and don't come close to comparing to "regular" flat shingles.
I managed to get a little bit of work done up at the property late yesterday, and Tom even surprised me by driving up when he returned home. Both having had particularly insane weeks, we caught up over a bottle of wine and Jiffy-Pop in the trapper cabin. Today he's already gone up to work with our electrician on the wiring. Although, he was stopping at their house for coffee on the way, so who knows if they've even made it up to the property yet!
Well, I guess I've procrastinated long enough. It's a lovely but cool day, so I need to get a fire started. It's the first day I've been home long enough all week to even care about the temperature of the house! And, to those of you who are fighting the same battle as I this weekend: Good Luck, and may the Tax Loophole Gods be good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!