* * * * * * *

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."
- Unknown

"That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
- Handed down through the ages.

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid."
- John Wayne



A Quiet Day

My dear husband came home last night after being gone since last Friday. I think Maisy thought she'd died and gone to doggy heaven when he snuck in the back door and surprised us all - she was so glad to see him!
We spent the better part of the day in Canada today running some errands. The vet, the pet store, Home Depot (for a tub surround), etc. "Don't you think we can find a way to fit that whirlpool tub in the bathroom, honey?"
Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, so we'll head into town for a little celebration (and lots of pressies, of course!). I won't say what number it is, but in Pig Latin she would be Ixty-Say Ree-Thay! (Which means my dad's going to hit the big 6-5 in August! We'd better start planning now!)
Tom's going to take most of this coming week off, and we plan to hit this house (for a change) with gusto: to give it a final lick and polish before putting it on the market on the 15th of May. Why is it that your house never looks so good as when you're going to sell it? There's something wrong with that . . . .
And, something I've been forgetting to mention is the bug report. Generally, down here by the lake, we don't need to start using bugdope until the 30th or 31st of May. HOWEVER, when my dad came up to the property a week and a half ago - on the 19th of APRIL - to help us put in a couple of big windows, THE MOSQUITOES WERE OUT! Now, granted, they weren't biting yet, but they were there! And, a girlfriend who spends every waking minute in the woods when she's able has just reported that the ticks are HORRIBLE this year. She said she's already picked about 4 dozen off herself - not to mention what the dogs bring in! Now, I can take pretty much anything as long as it's not a spider, but ticks - those crawling, itchy things - are pretty darn icky. Euuw, just thinking about them makes me itch!
Well, it's time to close up the girls for the night - and then maybe a little popcorn and a Saturday night movie in the DVD player! (Or, a little more deskwork. Gee, what a decision . . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are familiar with me and where I live, please respect my right to retain some anonymity by not referring to me by anything other than Chicken Mama nor mentioning city/town/villages by place names. Thanks!